The Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) Program is a Federal program dedicated to the housing needs of people living with HIV/AIDS. Under the HOPWA Program, HUD makes grants to local communities, states, and nonprofit organizations for projects that design long-term comprehensive strategies for meeting the housing needs of low and moderate income people living with HIV/AIDS.
Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IHFA) currently contracts with HOPWA service providers throughout Idaho specializing in HIV/AIDS related services. BC/ACHA receives funding from IHFA as a subgrantee to administer rental assistance.

How do you apply for this program?

If you would like additional information about the HOPWA program, you may email Idaho Housing and Finance Association’s Homeless Program Department at

Additional Resources

Learn more on the Idaho Housing and Finance Department's website here.

Medically monitored detoxification and mental health crises: Allumbaugh House

Need Help?

Most of the answers to your questions can be found on this website. If you still need help, use our interactive questionnaire to find what you need or contact us.

Send us a Message

If you are already in one of our programs and need to contact your representative, click here.

VASH Video

Click here if you have been invited to view the video.