The Transitional Housing program is a federally funded grant designed to provide temporary housing for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking. The program also provides services to participants which may include case management, mental health counseling, transportation, and support groups. These services are provided under a contact by a local service provider.

What are the main requirements in order to qualify for this program?

Survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence, dating violence, or stalking and are fleeing, or attempting to flee, an abusive relationship are eligible to receive assistance through this program.

How do you apply for this program?

To apply for this program, please contact the Women’s and Children’s Alliance at (208) 343-3688. You will be connected with a staff member for further assistance.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I get to choose my own housing?

Yes. This program provides rental assistance directly to a landlord on your behalf.

How long will I receive help?

This program provides temporary assistance, for an initial 6 months. Once you exit the program, you will continue to receive supportive services for a minimum of 3 additional months.

Additional Resources

Need Help?

Most of the answers to your questions can be found on this website. If you still need help, use our interactive questionnaire to find what you need or contact us.

Send us a Message

If you are already in one of our programs and need to contact your representative, click here.